Monday, December 20, 2010

This is me being real.

It's so frustrating.
I want to be where I was,
but I feel lost from that place.

I messed up so much.
You can say it doesn't matter now, but it does.
It makes a difference for today.

It takes me farther away.

It messed me up then, and it still messes me up now.
God, I just want to get away from it!
Why can't I get away?

I want to be genuine.
I'm trying so hard,
But my attempts just prove to me how fake I really am.


Why can't I be real anymore?
Why can't I break away from this?

I thought I forfeited the ball and chain,
Thought I gave it up for good...

but it haunts me.
it stays in my dreams,
it creeps into my thoughts.

it destroys.

I gave it up.

What more do you want?

Be gone, Satan!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's not so much that you should completely give away that idea, but maybe just place it in God's hands for Him to control?? I can tell you from my own personal experience that it wasn't until I gave Him total control that I was blessed with it. Of course I may be taking what you're saying out of context??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I see what you mean. For now though, I need to just completely stop thinking about it.
    Someday, maybe I can, if God has other preliminary plans in store for me...

    ReplyDelete