Friday, November 26, 2010

A Promise to Have and to Hold

Life does not come with many guarantees.
Death and taxes are some of the few.
The only other thing I can think of is God.
What else is there, really, besides Him?

Really, what else is needed besides Him?

I have believed for a long time that God comes with many other guarantees.
He does guarantee many things:
Grace, love, eternity in the most wonderful place imagined...
But I was expecting guarantees He never promised.

What would I do if the life I have imagined for myself never happens?
What would I do if God's plans are different than mine?
Would I abandon God?
Or will I choose now to recklessly abandon everything to Him?

What if I never marry the man of my dreams?
What if I never meet this amazing person
Who will complement me perfectly?
What if this prince doesn't even exist?

I've decided not to settle for anything less than God's best...
What if God's best for me lies not in marriage,
But in being single so that I may more fully give myself to Him?
Will I accept the opportunity to devote myself to Him completely and passionately?

When I was single for a long period of time,
God showed me a verse that turned my focus to Him,
And took the focus away from me and my worldly desires.
It reminded me where my heart should be...

"An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world - how she can please her husband." - 1 Corinthians 7:34

If I marry, will I lose the opportunity to completely devote myself to God?
Would I be willing to give up a passionate relationship with God
In exchange for a passionate marriage?
No.

A thousand times; no.
If I was given the choice; I would choose God.
Over and over and over again...
And I wouldn't regret one choice.

Maybe, someday, God will introduce me to the man of my dreams.
Maybe, someday, I will be able to devote myself to God and be married.
If that's not in His plan for me,
Then I will be satisfied with the King of my reality <3

If I believe that He is everything to me now,
Then I must trust that He will be everything to me, always.
If I believe that He will satisfy my needs,
Then I must trust that He knows everything I need, and will provide it.

If I don't need it, you won't provide it.
I will always need You,
And I will always have You.
That's a guaranteed promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment