Thursday, November 11, 2010

com[passion]

My heart leaves me.

I can't help but give it away,
When I see eyes full of pain,
Much like mine have been before,
Yet not at all the same.

I see wide-open eyes,
Questioning and searching
For consistent, absolute Truth.
Truth that I have.

I want to look in their eyes 
And see the purest, 
Most genuine hope
That can be found on earth.

I see the smiles You created;
The joy You've given.
I see the love You have for them,
And I want to show them that love, too.

I want to be Your hands and Your feet
And although I can be them here...
These feet are itching to move.
Does it matter, as long as they stand on your solid ground?

I want to hold them in my arms,
And tell them You're always there.
I want to hear their laughter,
And know that You are the source of it.

I want to hold their hands,
And let them hold my heart.
I want to touch their lives,
And let them completely change mine.

I want to lose my fear,
And gain faith.
I can't be Your feet
If I don't move at all.

I want Your will.

"When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality." -Romans 12:13

No comments:

Post a Comment