Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Treasure Hunt

Where does my treasure lie?

As I pack my things for another year at college, I can't help but look at it all and think, "Why do I have so much stuff? And why do I feel that I need it all?"

Why are we so attached to this world? The world calls out to us, and we answer. It pulls us in. We give the world power when we give in to its voice and its requirements of us. What does it take to give that power to something (or someone) else?

I don't want my treasure to be found in my earthly possessions: how many shirts I have, or how expensive my jewelry is. So where should my treasure be found? Where should it be compared to where it is now?

I'll be exploring my heart and God's Word as I seek my treasure (all puns intended). This topic is something that God has been laying heavily on my heart in the past few days. I hope that you take these blogs seriously and considering joining me as I search for my treasure and come closer to the very heart of God.

"My son, if you will receive my words and treasure my commandments within you,
making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding,
yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding,
if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, 
then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God."
-Proverbs 2:1-5

Be blessed, friends. ~Phoebe

2 comments:

  1. I like this post. It's a good reminder that we are not of this world, but of something better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you ... I constantly sit back and think "why do I have this ... can I let go of it and give it away?" I've done so much cleaning out of my worldly possessions in the last year and a half and I still have a house full of crap! LOL

    Anyways, just wanted to let you know you're not alone in your thought process!!

    ReplyDelete